Monday, April 26, 2010

Round 2!

Well, sure enough at 5am this morning Landon woke up puking. This is his first time with this experience. He caught the viral stomach bug from Lukas. I already had Lukas in bed with me, so I decided to take Landon to bed with us. This way I could watch and help them hit the bucket. Ben is back on 12-8 so he was at work while all of this was going on. At 7:30, Landon got up again gagging and sure enough that made Lukas gag. Now that I look back on it, it was quite comical. Landon was using the bucket first and Lukas said "Mommy, I think I have to throw up" and I told him to get over the bucket with Landon. Well, Landon was not happy. He was throwing up and hitting Lukas on the head. Poor Lukas had to take the abuse till they were both done. It was very challenging. I don't think I'll ever forget it. When Ben got home at 8:30, I left for work. I called him a few times from work to check on the boys. He had a very busy/challenging day with boys. Lukas threw up another time and refused to take Pepto-Bismol and his pedialyte. Landon continued to vomit throughout the day and had a horrendous case of diarrhea. Ben explained to me that it was the worst diaper he's had to change in 6 years. Thankfully, Lukas doesn't have diarrhea. When I got home from work, Ben had Landon in a diaper with a pull-up on top. He said it was so bad that every time he'd go it would leak out his diaper and he needed the extra protection. The boys didn't really eat dinner for me. They seemed to be doing much better this evening. Lukas threw up again right before his bath, so we are making him stay home from school again tomorrow and his soccer practice. I bribed him into taking a Pepto-bismol tablet and a little pedialyte (Looks like he'll be sleeping with Mommy again:-). Landon was doing much better this evening. He hadn't threw up all evening and I only had to change one stinky diaper. I hope he does well through the night. If Lukas continues to throw up tomorrow, we are going to call the doctor. Poor boy has been doing this since Saturday evening. I can't wait for him to be himself again.

No comments: