Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Meet the teacher





This evening, the boys and I went to "meet the teacher night" at Lukas' school. Ben wasn't able to go because of his awful work schedule. Lukas was extremely excited to show us his classroom. He kept telling us before we got there "follow me when we get there and I'll show you to my room". Landon even wanted to hold his hand while we walked through the hallway of the school. It was so cute following behind them and listening to Lukas explain "his school" to his little brother. The very first thing he showed us was his desk. There was a packet of papers for us. It had an apple with his picture attached to a close pin holding everything together. I even got a sugar cookie with a note from his teacher. Of course, I didn't get to eat it:-( ! In the packet of papers contained a note from Lukas, a bunch of tests, and a note about the new online system. He is doing extremely well. We are super proud of him!! After we looked at his desk, he showed us where is cubby was, the computer station, reading station, Miss Ion's desk, and all his work around the room. He even let his little brother sit at his desk. Landon loved it. I think he's ready to start school! His teacher, Miss Ion, is extremely nice and has a lot planned for the year. We are very excited for this school year. We know he's in good hands and is going to be learning a lot. After we were done touring the school, they had an ice cream social by the PTA. The boys both had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles. Here's a few pictures I took tonight. I also included a picture that Lukas drew in school that day that was sent home with him. I had a chance to look over everything before we went and was impressed with his drawing. It was pretty accurate. I'm very impressed with his progress in art!

No comments: