Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bye, Bye Baby Tooth!





Lukas lost his very 1st tooth this evening. To be exact, it was one of his lower central incisor (the one on his right). It was a little scary for him and I think he was a little surprised how much it hurt.

Well, it was Mommy's fault for falling out tonight. As I was giving them their bath, Landon was complaining that he had soap in his eyes. Lukas was sitting beside him with the wash cloth in his mouth. I just reacted and grabbed the wash cloth out of his mouth to wipe Landon's eyes. Well, when I grabbed it, Lukas' tooth popped right out into the bath water! Lukas started crying immediately. I think he was more upset about the blood. He kept asking "why is it bleeding and why is there so much blood?" I told him that is what happens when you lose your teeth. I didn't warn him about this part because I didn't want to scare him. Once Landon saw Lukas' mouth he was glued to his face. He kept pointing to his mouth saying "me next". Lukas thought he was so funny and quit crying. He calmed down quickly and once the bleeding stopped he was absolutely fine with his tooth falling out (technically pulled out). He couldn't wait to get out of the tub and check out his new smile in the mirror. After he checked it out for awhile, he ran upstairs and grabbed his tooth fairy bear and inserted the tooth. It definitely was a memorable way of losing his first tooth.

Here's a couple pics of our proud little man!


1 comment:

Steven said...

Congratulations! You will love this FREE Tooth Fairy keepsake:

http://bit.ly/9WeCgk