Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!


The Poem ~ Happy Mother's Day!
I think of all the things you do,
And then I know why I love you.
You make me breakfast,
You wash my clothes,
You take me places I want to go.
You teach me things, you read to me,
You help me become what I want to be.
You sing me songs, you hold me tight,
You hold my hand, in the dark at night.
In all the world I know it's true,
There is no mommy just like you.
-Author Unknown

Happy Mother's Day!
What a beautiful weekend. Having wonderful weather really made Mother's day extra special. I am so blessed and thank God everyday for my two healthy, handsome boys.

Friday, after work, Lukas surprised me with marigolds that he planted in school and a home-made card. Inside the card was a poem and question sheet that he filled out. On the inside of the card, he also drew a picture of us playing Wii in our living room. It was great to come home from work to this wonderful surprise.

Ben and the boys treated me to dinner at Red Lobster Saturday evening. The boys love seafood. The funniest moment at dinner was when Lukas said "I'm a hungry sail-man". He didn't really have much to eat all day and was super hungry. He had Ben and I laughing so hard.

On Sunday, we hung out and relaxed all day. After Ben went to bed, the boys and went to my mom's and spent a few hours with her. It was a very relaxing day and enjoyed every minute:)

We also had two milestones occur over Mother's Day weekend:
1. Lukas is riding his bike without training wheels! Ben worked with on Saturday afternoon and in 20 minutes he was riding down the yard all by himself.
2. The other one is that he's tying his shoes again and very fast at it. We even taught him how to double knot/tie them. It's amazing how much more coordination he has this year. He even told us that he wants to play Fall soccer.We are so proud of our big boy:) He amazes us everyday! We love you so much Lukas:)

Lukas & Landon ~ I love you both with all my heart! Thank you so much for a wonderful Mother's Day ~ XOXO!

No comments: