Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Meet the teacher night

Look at him holding his pencil=]

Tonight, I the boys and I went to meet Lukas' teacher, Mrs. Paga, and look at his classroom. She talked briefly about what they have been doing in class and went over the the curriculum of the report cards. This month we are working on mastering writing his first name and alphabet. They are learning specific site words and learning to count to 100. Mrs. Paga was able to talk to me for a little bit about Lukas. This wasn't teacher conferences so I was surprised. She said "I have to share a cute story with you." Every morning she asks the kids to get their homework out of their folder to turn in. This morning, Lukas got out of his chair and started toward the garbage can. She said "Lukas, what's wrong sweetie" and he said "I have to throw this away, my mom put garbage in my folder." She said "no honey"...we need that for a school project. At this point, I was laughing so hard, I was actually tearing up. Mrs. Paga had sent a note home the evening before asking to send in the child's favorite snack wrapper. So, not thinking, I put it in his folder after he'd went to bed. I guess I should have explained that to him. Shame on me! Though, it did make a really great story. Lukas seems to be doing very well, but we'll know more in November when we have our parent teacher conferences.

We have a new routine since school started. We do homework, eat dinner, bath time, snack and finally bed. It's non-stop from the time I get home at 6pm, but we manage. Lukas surprisingly hasn't given me any problems about doing his homework, going to bed and getting up early. He really like his teachers and school. FYI: he still asks for heart shaped sandwiches everyday! 

Here's a couple pictures of him doing his homework tonight. They've been working on left and right, top and bottom, in and out, rhyming, cut and paste and drawing specific objects.  


No comments: