Friday, July 1, 2011

VBS ~ Plugged Into Jesus

I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never
walk in darkness, but will
have the light of life (John 8:12)








This week was vacation bible school at our church. A group of members got together and wrote the curriculum for our program this year.

Landon was finally old enough to attend and that turned into a nightmare. Ben had a really hard time leaving him on Monday and ended up taking him home. On Tuesday, my boss let me go in to work late and after an hour, I tried sneaking out and two minutes later he was crying. I felt so bad and decided to take him home on my way to work. He's not used to being separated from Ben and I. It looks like we're going to have problems when he starts pre-school this Fall.

Lukas, on the other hand, had a wonderful time. He made really cute crafts, played games, learned new songs and made some new friends. We really like the lightning bug that he made. It even has a glow stick in his belly! I took a few pictures of some of the crafts he did. On Friday, they made name bracelets with glow-in-the-dark beads. Lukas even made Landon one. We really like how his name is backwards:) Lukas is the most amazing big brother!

Tonight was the closing program at 7:00pm and they shared with us what they had learned all week and sang a bunch of their songs. Lukas did extremely well. We are so proud of him:)

At the very end of the program, they told us to pick up our child's scrapbook that they made and also had a slide show with refreshments in the fellowship hall. We think this has been the best program in the last five years. Great job FUMC women!

No comments: