Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sled Riding






Today we went sled riding!

This was the first time we took both boys on a hill this big. Ben decided to wait at the bottom of the hill. Lukas wanted to go first. I got him all set up and gave him a push and he flipped over right away. He came back up and we started over. Almost half way down, he dumped it again. Finally, on the third try he went zinging down the hill over 30mph. In a flash, I see that Ben literally jumped on Lukas to get him stopped. In the meantime, Landon just kept yammering about "his turn". At this point, I'm telling him to hold on because Daddy is coming back up with Lukas. When they got back up the hill, Ben said "no way are these boys going down again by themselves". I grabbed a sled and Landon crawled on with me and off we flew. Landon loved it! What a big difference from last winter. He didn't even like to step on the snow last year and this year we can't get him out of it. It was such a big hill for little Landon that I would pull him back up in the sled. On the second trip up the hill, he insisted on pulling the sled. He said "Mommy, do you want to ride?" He's too precious. We were so impressed with how well he did! We switched boys and Lukas did not like riding with me. We had snow flying everywhere and it got all over his face and he was so upset. He told me that I'm a "horrible sled rider"... LOL! Of course, that was the end of us riding together.

We all had such a great time. I think that Ben and I had more fun than the boys. We forgot how much fun it was to go sled riding. We can't wait to take the boys again!!

No comments: