Sunday, June 20, 2010

World's greatest DAD!





This year, all Ben wanted for Father's Day was a second sleep mate. He was very excited when it came in the mail on Thursday. Now, he doesn't have to share with the boys. Today the boys gave him his "music" card which was so cute and played the song "watching you" by Rodney Atkins. That song always reminds me of Ben and the boys when it's played on the radio. The lyrics fit my boys perfectly... 
"He said, "I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?
I’m your buckaroo, I wanna be like you.
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.
We got cowboy boots and camo pants
Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad?
I want to do everything you do.
So I’ve been watching you."

For Mother's Day, Lukas' teacher gave his class a "Mother Test" and I just loved it. So, I made one for Ben and had Lukas take the "Father Test". It really made Ben's day. Lukas also made him a picture with his hand prints and wrote "Happy Father's Day" on it. I did attempt to get Landon to do this project, but it didn't work out so well. It was a big mess...may be next year! 
Then, the boys and took him to an early dinner at Rick's Sports Bar & Grill. I think he really enjoyed his day even though he had to go to bed at 5:30 to get some Zzz's before work. 

BEN, you are the WORLD'S GREATEST DAD! You sacrifice so much for me and the boys. You work your butt off every night and come home and stay awake all day and watch the boys until I get home from work. I honestly don't know how you do it. You're absolutely AMAZING! I am so grateful that you do this for our boys. I don't say it enough...Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU...I LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH...
...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
XoXo~Kelly Jo

No comments: