Sunday, March 28, 2010

Coloring Easter Eggs






This afternoon we colored our Easter eggs. We have a busy week ahead of us so we decided to do them today. The weather was rainy and cold so it worked out great and gave us something to do. Lukas was a little upset because we usually do themed egg coloring, but this year I told him we were going to do the basic/traditional coloring because the others were too hard for Landon. We argued in the store for about 5 minutes and needless to say, Mommy won! After lunch, I cleared the table and got everything set up. The boys were right there with me being very impatient. I let them put the tablets in the cups and I poured the vinegar. I turned my head for not even a second and Landon took a sip of vinegar off his spoon. I told him he's not suppose to drink that and I think he knew right away as he was wiping his tongue. LOL! I had to call Ben to come help. This is the first year that he was actually involved with the coloring process and he was loving it. Lukas did extremely well and didn't need my help at all. He's such a big boy...sniff, sniff! As we finished coloring them, Landon wanted to keep touching them and I wouldn't let him and had a melt down. He got banned from coloring and time-out. Lukas and I finished the last couple eggs and cleaned up. I had the eggs on the dining room table to dry and went on doing other things around the house. I went upstairs to get the sheets off our bed to wash them and when I went back down stairs, Landon had thrown the eggs all over the floor. 85% were cracked! I couldn't believe my eyes. As I was picking the pretty poor eggs up, I just had to chuckle. This was a first and I'll never forget it. Oh Landon! It was an interesting day here at the Remaley household.

No comments: