Monday, March 16, 2009

Homework






Lukas gets homework every Monday and Wednesday. It's not mandatory, but we make it...LOL! This is to help the children get ready for kindergarten. Tonight, Lukas had a lot of fun with his assignment. He had to cut the scrambled numbers from the top of the page and then paste them in numerical order. He's getting really good with the scissors and cutting along the dotted lines. To my surprise, he's also very neat and clean with the glue! Check it out in the pics how he glued the numbers in place.

After he finishes his homework, I always have him write his name. Tonight, he had a big surprise for me and showed me that he knows how to hold his pencil/pen correctly. "I learned it today, Mommy". I was so happy that I had tears in my eyes. I couldn't wait to tell Ben when he got up for work. 

Mrs. Blair (his teacher) was right. I was concerned for months that Lukas wasn't holding his pencil right. She told me not to push or worry, and that he'd do it when he was ready. I surely didn't think it'd be this soon. Ben and I are both so proud of Lukas. 

No comments: